- Reduce the number of New Zealanders developing gut cancer
- Increase survival rates, life expectancy and quality of life for gut cancer patients
- To fund world class, innovative research and clinical trials into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of gut cancers to:
- Accelerate progress through encouraging and funding innovation
- Bring global clinical trials to New Zealand, giving New Zealanders with gut cancer access to new treatments faster.
- Enable NZ researchers to build connections with world-class international institutions to keep us at the front line of cancer research
- Contribute to global knowledge regarding the detection and treatment of cancer
- Expose NZ researchers to cutting edge technology that can be applied to other locally led research projects.
- Raise awareness of the causes and symptoms of gut cancers to:
- Prevent gut cancers through the promotion of healthy diet and lifestyle
- Reduce stigma associated with Gut Cancer symptoms and promote the importance of visiting your doctor early if symptoms arise